Overlooking the village from the hill at the end of Bagshot Row is Bag End, the stately underground abode of the eccentric Hobbit Bilbo Baggins. Bilbo widely acknowledged about town as having ‘cracked’ some years ago, and his cousin and ward Frodo Baggins, whom he shares his home with, is certainly in the process of cracking. The Bagginses, it is said, consort with Wizards, Dwarves, and other folk with dangerous ideas. Bag End is a museum, its rooms stuffed with treasures, trinkets and oddities accumulated over the years by Bilbo either on his adventures or as gifts from his peculiar company.
But extraordinary as its occupants and contents might be, the abiding atmosphere of Bag End is one of lazy comfort, from the pretty but slightly overgrown gardens that hug its eaves to the welcoming clutter inside it labyrinthine chambers. Sprawling around the Hill beneath the shade of an old oak tree whose roots twist through its halls, the grand smial reflects the gentle good humour of its hosts and the universal Hobbit love of simple pleasures. There have been Bagginses living under the hill for as long as anyone can remember, and there always will be.
- Limited Edition of 1,021 - set by YOU;
- Depicts the iconic home of Bilbo and Frodo Baggins;
- Made in celebration of the 20th anniversary of The Fellowship of the Ring;
- Hand sculpted environment by Gong Zhaohui with model-making by Leonard Ellis and David Tremont. Additional digital elements by Bawal Saggi;
- Illuminated windows bring the environment to life;
- Magnetic key opens the front door to allow a peek inside the front hall of Bag End;
- Includes the never before seen backdoor and room designed but not built for the movies;
- Built to scale with the Hobbit Hole range.
The 20th Anniversary of The Lord of The Rings movies has a special significance to us here at the Workshop, and we are delighted to commemorate the upcoming event with a brand-new series of iconic Middle-earth figures. Let the celebrations begin!
Please note: This product was designed and prototyped here at Weta Workshop. Images are of a pre-production prototype. Each piece is painted by hand and some variations will occur.
Limited Edition - Orders for this piece were open for a strictly limited time, from December 9 to December 22 (PST) 2021. The final edition size was determined by the total number of orders made during this period. No more, no less.
Bag End on the Hill
1 of 12
It takes hundreds of hours to design, sculpt model make, mold, and paint the prototype for each new Middle-earth piece. Whether it be a prop replica, beautiful environment or iconic character, we treat our collectibles with the same level of care and attention to detail that we bring to our film work.